(08-31-2018, 05:27 PM)Galaxyshock Wrote: Current stack:

Panax Ginseng (28% ginsenosides) 1/8 teaspoon 1 - 3 x day as tea
Tribulus 1000 mg
Ginger 1 teaspoon as tea or mixed in coffee
N-acetyl L-cysteine 500 mg
Noopept 30 mg
Fasoracetam 30 mg

Pre-workout / energy product: Goldstar Triple-X

Nice, good stack. I'm also taking Ginseng. I've been trying Nootropics Depot's 3 different kinds, root 7-10% ginsenosides, leaf 40-45% ginsenosides, and GS15-4. There's definitely something different between them but I can't really pinpoint it. Though, I'm inclined to say the Leaf extract is more noticeable than the root and GS15-4 extract.

Which brand of Ginseng are you taking? A local one, eh?

How are you finding the fasoracetam? Any noticeable effects?
Yep local seller Ginseng, €16.90 for 60 grams of extract 28% ginsenosides. Can't really beat that price.

Well then there's Dragon Herbs Ginseng Sublime, strongest Ginseng product I've tried. it's really next-level. Costs over €30 at iHerb and it's liquid extract. Haven't bought it in years but would like to use it again some day. If you have some extra cash I recommend to try it some time. Wink

Fasoracetam has anxiolytic, anti-depressive, sociability and well-being enhancing effects. A clear-headed feeling and some increase in motivation and focus. Strongest racetam so far for me.
That's an amazing price. I can't find any good Ginseng suppliers online and I'm pretty sure there are no good local sellers in my area.

What's the difference between the Dragon Herbs Ginseng and other ginsengs in terms of effects? It's quite expensive. I want to buy bulk ginseng so I can take it everyday without having to worry about cost.

The Nootropics Depot ginseng is good but a bit expensive. Only place I know of that sells bulk ginseng is bulksupplements. Do you know of any online high quality ginseng suppliers?

I've tried Fasoracetam once and had a negative reaction. It made me feel dumb, slow, and lifeless. How long did it take for the positive effects to become noticeable?
Dragon Herbs uses some finer Ginsengs in their product, organically mountain grown and prepared in traditional way. Well the Ginseng Sublime formula has actually changed, it used to contain some wild Ginseng too so I'm not sure if it's still as strong as it was back in 2014. The effect was pretty magical from the very first dose, it felt almost like a spirit took over, lifting me from stressed and down mood to tranquil mild psychedelic "heightened state" and a whole body strengthener effect.

I don't know any bulk quality Ginseng seller unfortunately. Well the bulksupplements product may be worth a try. You might also wanna check if there's American Ginseng products as it has pretty much the same therapeutic effects as the Asian Ginseng.

Fasoracetam was effective from the first dose, but the effects have become more subtle in continous use. That's unfortunate you had negative reaction, how has your general response to racetams been? I'd like to try phenylpiracetam next.
Eleuthero "Siberian Ginseng" should provide mostly the same benefits as Ginseng. This seems quality product (50:1 extract 250mg):
https://fi.iherb.com/pr/Paradise-Herbs-S...Caps/15108
I decided to order a bottle. Will report how it works when I get it in few weeks.
(09-05-2018, 11:21 PM)Galaxyshock Wrote: Dragon Herbs uses some finer Ginsengs in their product, organically mountain grown and prepared in traditional way. Well the Ginseng Sublime formula has actually changed, it used to contain some wild Ginseng too so I'm not sure if it's still as strong as it was back in 2014. The effect was pretty magical from the very first dose, it felt almost like a spirit took over, lifting me from stressed and down mood to tranquil mild psychedelic "heightened state" and a whole body strengthener effect.

I don't know any bulk quality Ginseng seller unfortunately. Well the bulksupplements product may be worth a try. You might also wanna check if there's American Ginseng products as it has pretty much the same therapeutic effects as the Asian Ginseng.

Fasoracetam was effective from the first dose, but the effects have become more subtle in continous use. That's unfortunate you had negative reaction, how has your general response to racetams been? I'd like to try phenylpiracetam next.

Wow, that Ginseng sounds awesome. It's so expensive though. Hmm, not sure if I should buy it or not.

Bulk Supplements also has American Ginseng. Have you tried American Ginseng? If so how does it compare to Panax Ginseng?

Most of the racetams don't seem to work for me. Here's how each racetam has affected me:
  • Oxiracetam - No noticeable benefit. Makes me a bit agitated and even gives some brain fog
  • Aniracetam - Sometimes it has a nice anxiolytic effect, other times it does nothing. Sometimes it gives me depression
  • Piracetam - It's been a long time since I've taken it so I'm not sure if it still holds up, but it did give me some cognitive benefits though they were quite subtle.
  • Phenylpiracetam - Has a noticeable stimulatory effect but no jitters. Focus is noticeably improved as is overall sharpness of mind. It even increases motivation a bit

I've also tried pramiracetam but it was one time only and it was in a study stack. The stack was a bit aggressive and actually had the opposite effects of what I wanted to achieve.

(09-09-2018, 05:24 PM)Galaxyshock Wrote: Eleuthero "Siberian Ginseng" should provide mostly the same benefits as Ginseng. This seems quality product (50:1 extract 250mg):
https://fi.iherb.com/pr/Paradise-Herbs-S...Caps/15108
I decided to order a bottle. Will report how it works when I get it in few weeks.

I was gonna order Eleuthero a long time ago but then I found out it raises cortisol levels:

Quote:A clinical trial was undertaken to investigate the effects of Eleutherococcus senticosus (ES) and Panax ginseng (PG) on competitive club-level endurance athletes engaged in their normal in-season training. Participants were matched for training stress and received a 33% ethanolic extract (8 mL/day) containing either ES, PG (equivalent to 4 g and 2 g/day of dried root, respectively), or a placebo. A pre-test and post-test were used to evaluate the effects of six weeks of supplementation on cortisol, testosterone, and testosterone to cortisol ratio (TCR) as well as circulating numbers of total T-cells, T-helper cells (CD4), T-suppressor cells (CD8), CD4 to CD8 ratio, natural killer cells, and B lymphocytes. None of the immune system variables changed significantly nor showed any clear trend from pre to post test in any of the treatment groups. No significant change in testosterone, cortisol or TCR was observed in the PG group. In the ES group, however, TCR decreased by 28.7% from 0.0464 to 0.0331 (P=0.03). The main contribution to this decrease appeared to be a non-significant (P= 0.07) 31% trend towards increased cortisol rather than a very small non-significant (P = 0.36) 7% decrease in the calculated mean for testosterone. This result suggested that contrary to initial expectation, ES increased rather than decreased hormonal indices of stress, which may be consistent with animal research suggesting a threshold of stress below which ES increases the stress response and above which ES decreases the stress response.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11798012

Do keep us updated on how it goes for you.
The raise in cortisol levels may actually be welcomed feature, as you know adaptogens are "stress agonists" - not "stress antagonists". It's about the adaptation to this stress that makes adaptogens beneficial in the long run. Surely there's plenty of other effects to them that may be apparent either immediately or in the long term.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nootropic stack for motivation Roknootropic 5 2,228 04-22-2018, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Kerrylacy
  My stack Galaxyshock 66 46,554 07-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Neuro