• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New stack 2018
Alright new year and new stack. Time to make things happen!

This is what I take:

Testosterone booster blend (usually 5 days on 2 off):
Maca 1000mg, Nettle extract 500mg, Ashwagandha extract 500mg, Mucuna pruriens extract 400mg, Muira Puama extract 500mg, Fenugreek extract 400mg, Pygeum africanum extract 400mg, Rhodiola extract 400mg, Holy basil 250mg, Cordyceps extract 200mg, Pycnogenol 40mg, Boron citrate 20mg

Pre-workout blend (before workouts or when unusually fatigued):
Caffeine, N,N-Dimethylphenethylamine, 1,3-Dimethylbutylamine, taurine, citrulline

Adaptogens:
Ginseng, Cordyceps, Ashwagandha, Maca, Suma root, Holy Basil, Reishi, Schizandra

Sleep aids and relaxation:
Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Valerian
Melatonin

Creatine 5g
Noopept 10-30mg

Multi-vitamin ~100% RDA of common vitamins and minerals
Vitamin D 1000-5000 IU
ZMA

Kava kava occasionally for recreational purposes.

Bit excess with all the botanicals right now but overall I'm getting so much benefits that I'm going to be taking this stack for a while. I experience improved mood, thinking, cognition, reaction time, energy, sense of being alive, libido and ability build and maintain muscle. Marked decrease in anhedonia. 

Negative effects: increased mood lability, sometimes amplified anxiety, libido is a bit excess at times, difficulty to fall asleep. These I attribute mostly to the testosterone booster product, and is the reason why I take days off from it.
I'm still hit with fatigue often in afternoons. I don't really know what causes it, it's been there more or less for like two years I think. The fatigue does decrease in spring/summer. This stack gives relief but doesn't really remove the foggy mind and certain sense of exhaustion. Although I feel the testosterone booster product is actually reversing something but it's slow process.

I ordered some Jiaogulan from iHerb to see if gives further help.
Solid stack! How long did it take for you to notice the benefits? For me, Rhodiola, Ginseng, and Maca all have acute benefits but chronic benefits as well so you may see more benefits the longer you take it.

Careful with Jiaogulan and that stack. IME, Jiaogulan is quite potent on its own and seems to negatively interact with Rhodiola. Well, actually the first week on Jiaogulan + Rhodiola was great but the second week was absolutely terrible. It put me in a really bad mood, I became very irritable, and any anhedonia relief I was getting was replaced by this sense of extreme boredom that was almost unbearable.

Other than the preworkout, do you take caffeine daily? A long time ago, maybe more than 8 years now, I used to drink coffee with sugar in the morning and it caused fatigue in the afternoon. I stopped using sugar and the crash went away.

Also, have you tried phenylpiracetam? It gives me a really nice increase in energy that feels natural. It doesn't stimulate me, but rather increases my energy pool. Huh, now that I think about it, why don't I use it more often? The last time I took it was more than 3 weeks ago and it was to study for exams. I should start taking it a few times a week, it doesn't seem to have any noticeable side effects for me.
Like you I notice both acute and chronic benefits.

Yeah I should probably cycle these things more instead of stacking so many on top of each other. I added Jiaogulan and a cheap multivitamin now and my fatigue has decreased noticeably. Also the increased sun light during the day helps I won't deny that.

I do usually drink couple mugs of coffee a day and sometimes tea. I also occasionally buy energy drinks mostly for the taste. Lately I've bought this new energy drink from the grocery store that contains 180 mg caffeine and 180 mg theanine, seems alright but it's a bit expensive - I think it was €2,69 or so.

I've many times thought about buying phenylpiracetam for the energy benefits but never did. What dose is effective? I'm also thinking about buying some fladrafinil.
Well, some things like Maca and Ginseng shouldn't be cycled. If I recall correctly, a lot of studies on Maca found it was effective at increasing after 8 weeks. For Ginseng, I remember reading that it modulates neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin but it only does so after chronic administration, I think the study found after 3-4 weeks it produced these results. That reminds me, I have Nature's Way Ginseng that I bought a long time ago, maybe in 2013.

It expired in 2015 and the contents inside the capsule have become hard as rock. There's a slight discoloration as well, like a few yellow spots on the capsules. Regardless, I didn't care and I took it anyway lol. I've tried it about 5 times now. About 2 months ago, a few weeks ago, and a few days ago. I think I should start taking Ginseng daily. No one seems to talk about it with regards to its tremendous effects on anhedonia. Only you and I seem to know this. But you have more experience than me with it. So the past few times I've taken it I was able to actually laugh, like have an actual belly laugh that feels good and takes over your thoughts, body, and mind. It felt amazing.

Unfortunately, Ginseng seems to also modulate dopamine so it doesn't interact well with dopaminergics like modafinil, selegiline, nor stimulants. However, I don't know if this will change with chronic dosing since Ginseng affects dopamine differently after a few weeks.

Actually, I remember a time in 2012 when I took Maca + Ginseng and I had amazing relief of anhedonia. I was able to get immersed in things like movies and games and was able to feel emotions from so many things. It also improved my ability to taste and food in general tasted a lot better, a lot deeper I guess. As though more information or bandwidth was being relayed by my tongue to my brain.

Anyway, with the Nature's Way I can't seem to take it everyday as it really has gone bad. The first time I took it I had painful bloating and a ton of gas. The second time, same thing. Third time, gassy diarrhea. What the hell does gassy diarrhea mean? I don't mean a lot of farts, I mean the diarrhea itself had bubbles in it. One of the weirdest things ever. And omg, my anus made this almost soda-like fizz lmao.

Needless to say I'm not going to take it anymore.

So in the past when I had amazing benefits from Ginseng I took the NOW Foods brand which was standardized to 5% I think. But NOW Foods changed their supplier and now their Ginseng isn't standardized. I haven't tried it but given how they changed their supplier around the same time they changed their Rhodiola supplier and both my dad and I found the new Rhodiola pills to be really weak, I'm not going to risk giving their new Ginseng a shot. Quite sad really, I'm pretty sure NOW Foods decided to sacrifice a bit of quality for increased profits but in reality a lot of quality was lost. I avoid NOW Foods now because of this. Heh, maybe that's why they're called NOW Foods, because NOW you're going to stop buying them lmao.

Whoa, an energy drink that has theanine? That's rare. What's it called?

Yeah, you should try phenylpiracetam, it's amazing. For me, 100 mg is very effective, haven't tried higher doses. Eh, I wouldn't mess around with research chemicals and fladrafinil is no exception. Adrafinil alone can cause liver problems but then you have fladrafinil and you have no idea how it can affect the liver. I really wouldn't risk it if I were you, some consequences are permanent. Why don't you buy modafinil or get a prescription for it?

Modafinil for me is quite subtle but makes caffeine a lot more effective and thus improves my focus and mood, but really makes thoughts narrow minded. Ah I see now why modafinil decreases creativity as shown in studies. It makes my thoughts follow a linear path, like a straight road instead of the usual chaotically diverging one.
The energy drink is called "Nocco Focus" it's made by a swedish company. Yeah I have to consider if it's worth the possible risks to try Fladrafinil. It's just that it has the unique anti-aggressive effect along with the benefits of Modafinil which made me curious. I mean if I have poor night's sleep I'm highly irritable and taking stimulants worsen it, so for that use Fladrafinil sounds like the perfect compound. I don't have any european source for Modafinil and I don't think I could get it prescribed.

Well I added Himalaya Bacopa to my stack. I've always enjoyed the zen calmness it provides along with the memory benefits. I ran out of Reishi but I'm probably gonna buy some more after a while because It's pretty amazing mushroom.
I've reduced my stack a bit.

Ginseng
Licorice
Tribulus
Rhodiola

Preworkout: Killer Labz Destroyer (caffeine, DMHA, citrulline and other stuff)

Phenibut, once a week at most as social lubricant.

MSM
Multivitamin
Vitamin C
Creatine

I took medicinal mushrooms Chaga, Reishi and Shiitake for a while, felt very good on them. Will have to buy some more when I have more money. Also curious of some synthetic noots but again can't afford everything. Right now feeling pretty good overall except I've had flu symptoms since last saturday.
Nice sharing so far. Thanks a lot for adding.
Yeah thanks.

I stopped t aking Panax ginseng as it no longer has any effect on me. I think I've "exhausted" the benefits of Ginseng as I've used it so much over the years. I'm gonna take a long break from it. I switched to Eleuthero also known as Siberian Ginseng and this has nice invigorating effect.

I also bought 50 grams to theanine to see if it helps with my background anxiety. Herbal anxiolytics are too weak, I've used them extensively too.
Current stack:

Panax Ginseng (28% ginsenosides) 1/8 teaspoon 1 - 3 x day as tea
Tribulus 1000 mg
Ginger 1 teaspoon as tea or mixed in coffee
N-acetyl L-cysteine 500 mg
Noopept 30 mg
Fasoracetam 30 mg

Pre-workout / energy product: Goldstar Triple-X

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nootropic stack for motivation Roknootropic 5 2,309 04-22-2018, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Kerrylacy